|Registry Numbers||US 49, MA 49 (view other lookout sites in United States, Massachusetts)|
|Date Registered||September 3, 2008|
|Nominated by||Henry Isenberg|
Mount Everett State Reservation
Berkshire County, Massachusetts
N 42° 06.136' W 073° 25.966' (view using Google Maps)
N 42° 06' 08" W 073° 25' 58"
N 42.102265° W 073.432761°
|Elevation||2,605 ft (794 m)|
|National Historic Lookout Register||US 431, MA 2|
|Administered by||Massachusetts Bureau of Forest Fire Control|
|Cooperators||Massachusetts Bureau of Forest Fire Control, District 12|
The first lookout on this site was a 38' tower with 10' x 10' cab erected in 1915. The states of Massachusetts, Connecticut, and New York contributed to its funding, as did the town of Great Barrington with a $150 contribution. The tower was rebuilt in 1945 and a new 40' tower constructed in 1970. It was staffed until 1972.
This tower was removed in 2003 due to disputes with the town officials. The tower was sold to a private landowner in the same town.